Reporting to the CEO, the VP of Marketing will play an integral role in driving revenue growth by setting and executing on our marketing and sales strategies. You will be responsible for developing a global marketing strategy and execute the company’s positioning, messaging, and go-to-market strategy as Paro continues to accelerate its growth. This is a highly visible and impactful role within the organization; you will be expected to be a key member of the executive team from day one and lead the marketing team.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with the Executive team, sales and other key stakeholders across the company to set and execute the strategy and roadmap for Paro’s long-term growth. Develop our global marketing strategy with a strong focus on building out our demand generation engine.
- Lead and continue to build a high-performing marketing team that scales to match Paro’s rapid growth.
- Lead our overall demand generation strategy to generate high-quality prospects and accelerate the sales cycle.
- Refine our ABM strategy and work closely with sales to ensure we are targeting, penetrating and closing the most strategic accounts.
- Understand and define the overall buyer journey, enabling all of the relevant digital touch points throughout it, to drive conversions.
- Create marketing programs to generate, nurture, and qualify leads.
- Refine our marketing team metrics and operational reporting infrastructure to communicate the effectiveness of our marketing spend.
- Work closely with our Director of Content Marketing & Brand on defining our corporate marketing functions as it relates to PR, Events, and Content Marketing.
- Maintain world-class quality standards for all of Paro’s marketing materials.
- Create playbooks and training modules for the successful development of growth skills and initiatives across product, SEO, SEM, funnel optimization, digital marketing, etc. Oversee and drive all aspects of SEM and advertising to optimize paid media spend.
- Manage the effectiveness of our marketing technology stack, including Salesforce and Hubspot.
Who You Are:
- 10+ years of B2B marketing experience, preferably with a high-growth company. Must have previous experience scaling a performance-centric marketing team at a fast-growing company.
- Proven success managing and analyzing lead generation techniques, including SEM / SEO, email, social media, and content.
- Experience building and maintaining a lead qualification process from inquiry to close in a CRM and Marketing Automation system.
- Incredibly data driven and obsessed with numbers.
- You have an understanding of marketing automation, email marketing, paid advertising, and account-based marketing and have a passion for lead / pipeline growth and optimization.
- You have a deep understanding of marketing automation, predictive sales models, and creative solutions for solving complex business challenges.
- SME in data-driven enterprise demand generation tactics and how marketing supports the B2B customer journey.
- Leadership mentality and entrepreneurial spirit is a must.
- History of retaining, developing, motivating, and mentoring a marketing team capable of setting and meeting ambitious goals.
- Be a self-starter who can work collaboratively, deliver on promises, prioritize assignments, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong organizational skills, strict attention to detail, and ability to manage competing priorities.
- Highly motivational and capable of communicating clearly, logically, and with a high level of conviction with the Executive Team; innate ability to sell through both logic and emotion.
- Competitive salary + stock options + team-based performance incentives
- Fun and challenging environment that propels career growth
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (Paro pays 50% of employees’ elections)
- Flexible work from home policy
- Unlimited PTO – we trust you
- Monthly happy hours and team outings
- $300/year health stipend (e.g. gym dues)
- Catered breakfast Mondays + Fridays with fully stocked fridge/pantry at all times
- Great office location in Gold Coast, steps away from public transportation
- In any month in which there is not a federal holiday, the entire company takes a day off (typically a mid-month Friday).
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax commuter cards
At Paro, we pride ourselves on our strong value-oriented culture—which we created together as a team—and look to bring on new team members who also embody these values.
Enjoy the journey
We bring energy to an antiquated and stale industry
We embrace fun
We don’t take ourselves too seriously
Have each other’s backs
We are a team; we win together and lose together
We can handle anything
We feel confident to take risks because we serve as each other’s safety net
We are a community, not just a workplace
Do the right thing
We don’t cut corners; we take a long-term view of success
We deposit in the Karma bank
We are loyal to clients and freelancers
We are transparent and don’t hold ulterior motives
Take Smart Risks
We believe that trying and failing is better than not trying at all
We think creatively about obstacles
We challenge assumptions
We are nimble
We invent new ways to do what we do
We want to be comfortably uncomfortable and encourage each other to take on new and more challenging projects
We are each accountable for every team member being their best and push each other and give others permission to push us
We bring our whole selves to work; we're cool with who you are, professional and otherwise!
We recognize that everyone brings something important to the table and that conflict helps us grow
We are sensitive to our differences; we value being yourself while making space for others to be themselves
We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion as we grow